Terms and Conditions
- When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
- The period of let will be as agreed between Pennyghael Estate (the Owners) and yourselves. A deposit of £150 is required with each booking, with the balance due 2 months prior to arrival. If the date of your holiday is within six weeks, the full balance is payable at the time of booking. Payment can be made on our online secure system or by direct bank transfer to SORT CODE: 80-17-99. ACCOUNT NUMBER: 00282604 Please give your cottage and date of holiday as the reference. Alternatively, you can pay by cheque made payable to Pennyghael Estate and sent Pennyghael Estate Office.
- The price quoted is for the property, and not per person, and includes all charges, and any UK taxes or Government charges which may apply to your booking at the time it is made. The price also includes supplied bedding and towels and electricity or oil used. We do ask, however, that you use electricity and oil considerately as excessive and unnecessary use may force us to start charging for this.
- A booking form should be completed giving details of the party, including children and pets. Any changes to these details should be communicated to us as soon as possible. The number in your party may not exceed the maximum occupancy of the house. Bookings will be acknowledged in writing by email or by post. As soon as you receive this confirmation, you must check the details carefully. If anything is incorrect, you should tell us immediately.
- Your house will usually be available from 4 pm on the start day of your holiday. Please contact us a few days prior to your holiday to let us know your expected time of arrival. On the day your holiday finishes, please vacate your house by 10 am to allow us to clean it thoroughly before the next guests arrive.
- All breakages or damage to the House, its contents, or garden must be paid for at the replacement value of the item. Please notify us if you have broken anything as soon as possible so that we may replace it in good time.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome on condition that whilst on site they are kept under strict control especially when livestock is nearby, any fouling around houses and gardens is picked up and disposed of, they are not left unattended indoors or outdoors at any time and not allowed on seating or bedding in the House. Please bring your pets' own bedding, towels for drying, and blankets. We make a charge of £25 per dog per week or part thereof - this payment should be made with the final balance.
- Any type of open air fire except barbecues is not permitted.
- Very occasionally, we may experience loss of power supply. In the unlikely event that this occurs during your stay, we cannot be held responsible as these are matters out of our control. The same applies to the telephone service. Faults are reported as soon as we are aware of an issue, but beyond that, it is out of our control.
- The Owners reserve the right to refuse to hand the keys to any person who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, all hire charges will be refunded in full and all liability of the hirer and Owner shall thereupon cease.
- The Owners reserve the right to decline a booking without giving any reason and to terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour at any time.
- We reserve the right to gain access to your House for reasonable purposes at any time.
- Whilst we make reasonable effort to ensure information given on our website and in the cottages is accurate, we cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local services or attractions that we may mention.
- The decision of the Owners is final and binding in all matters at all times.
- Please be aware that a booking is a contract in law and is governed by Scottish Law.
- We are to be informed straight away if you or any member of your party has symptoms of COVID-19. You will be expected to return home immediately for both your own safety, and for the safety of our Owners, local teams and local communities.
- If you develop symptoms during your stay, you will be required to return home immediately and stay in your own home while you follow government guidelines on self-isolation. Pennyghael Estate cannot accept any responsibility for any matters beyond our control or for any COVID-19 related matters that occur whilst you are staying in the property.
- Additional costs will be incurred if an extended stay is required due to illness.
- If you have contracted COVID-19 and need to cancel your booking, we are unable to offer refunds. Please check with your insurance provider to find out if you are covered for cancelling your booking.
- If you are concerned about catching COVID-19 you can cancel your booking in line with our cancellation charges (see below). You will need to check your insurance provider to find out if you are covered outside our normal terms and conditions. You may also move your booking to a more suitable date in 2021/22.
- If your booking is affected be a regional lockdown and you are unable to travel you should cancel your booking in line with our cancellation charges (see below)
- All bookings are made within the COVID-19 related guidance issued by the Scottish Government. The owners cannot accept any responsibility for changes to that guidance that may affect your booking (both at a national and regional level)
In the event of you cancelling your booking our cancellation charges are as follows:
- More than 70 days – full deposit including any balance of the deposit still due.
- 29 – 70 days – 50% of the total accommodation cost.
- 15 – 28 days – 75% of the total accommodation cost
- 14 days or less – 100% of the total accommodation cost.
We strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance to protect you and your party from all eventualities – you may be covered by your home insurance, or other insurance, but please check this. Please note that, under no circumstances, will the owners be liable for any accidents including damage or loss to guests' property or to the House at any time.